After the new Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s beautiful wedding ceremony, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were celebrated with not one, but two wedding receptions.
The lunchtime and evening receptions, as you may have guessed, were something straight out of a fairytale.
Their lunchtime reception was held at St George’s Hall in Windsor Castle for approx. 600 guests, hosted by Her Majesty The Queen.
Guests were treated to some delectable cuisines, detailed on the Royal.uk website.
"Guests will be served a selection of canapés, including:
- Scottish Langoustines wrapped in Smoked Salmon with Citrus Crème Fraiche
- Grilled English Asparagus wrapped in Cumbrian Ham
- Garden Pea Panna Cotta with Quail Eggs and Lemon Verbena
- Heritage Tomato and Basil Tartare with Balsamic Pearls
- Poached Free Range Chicken bound in a Lightly Spiced Yoghurt with Roasted Apricot
- Croquette of Confit Windsor Lamb, Roasted Vegetables and Shallot Jam
- Warm Asparagus Spears with Mozzarella and Sun-Blush Tomatoes
Guests will also be served a selection of bowl food, including:
- Fricassee of Free Range Chicken with Morel Mushrooms and Young Leeks
- Pea and Mint Risotto with Pea Shoots, Truffle Oil and Parmesan Crisps
- Ten Hour Slow Roasted Windsor Pork Belly with Apple Compote and Crackling
Sweet canapés will also be served, including:
- Champagne and Pistachio Macaroons
- Orange Crème Brûlée Tartlets
- Miniature Rhubarb Crumble Tartlets."
The lovely couple’s wedding cake was also served at this event, designed by Claire Ptak.
The cake features elderflower syrup, made specially at The Queen’s residence in Sandringham from the estate’s very own elderflower trees.
It also features a light sponge cake that was uniquely formulated for Prince Harry and Meghan.
"A filling made from Amalfi lemon curd and elderflower buttercream ties all the elements together. The cake is decorated with Swiss meringue buttercream and 150 fresh flowers, mainly British and in season, including peonies and roses."
Guests were served Pol Roger Brut Réserve Non Vintage Champagne, as well as a selection of wines, soft drinks, apple and elderflower cocktails, and Sandringham Cox’s apple juice.
Elton John also performed at their lunchtime event, with one guest telling The Telegraph that he sang the Circle of Life for the couple.
He also posted to social media with a touching message for the bride and groom.
The details of the evening reception have not yet been revealed, with the couple remaining private about it all, but we did get a glimpse at her stunning Stella McCartney dress and absolutely fell in love!
Meghan wore a high-neck lily-white silk crepe Stella McCartney gown and Aquazzura shoes with baby blue soles as she sauntered to their Vintage Jaguar, which would take them to their evening event at Frogmore House on the estate, hosted by Prince Charles for 200 of the couple’s closest friends.
Meghan also wore one of Princess Diana’s rings on her right hand - an emerald-cut aquamarine stone.
Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
May your love be life-long and life-giving.