Source: NBC News / Vulture.
As some of you will already know, Taylor Swift has been in the middle of a lawsuit with DJ David Mueller, for sexual assault claims she has made against him from a meet and greet in 2013 on her Red Tour.
The claims made by Taylor explained that during the meet and greet, Mueller had grabbed Taylor’s bare backside, up under her skirt.
Mueller’s lawsuit claimed that Taylor and her team were responsible for him losing his job at KYGO radio, due to what he said were false allegations, and was suing for $3 million.
Over the previous few days, Taylor was dismissed as a defendant in the trial and David’s lawsuit, and Mueller’s case was thrown out by a judge.
Taylor’s countersuit begins Monday, U.S. time, and she is seeking just $1 in damages and is pursuing the matter on principle.
Some of Taylor’s comments during Mueller’s lawsuit have since come to light in an NBC News report, and fans everywhere are applauding Taylor’s ability to stay strong during the trial and stay true to what she knows as the truth, despite constant questions trying to undermine the situation.
Here are just some of her comments, which are inspiring us to never let anyone try to mess with us.
- Mueller’s attorney Gabe McFarland suggested that Taylor could have taken a break after her tour if she was so distressed after the incident, to which she replied, “And your client could have taken a normal photo with me.”
- McFarland tried to direct responsibility to Taylor’s bodyguard, saying he could have protected her if an assault did occur. Taylor then reminded him that her bodyguard was not the who who had supposedly assaulted her; “I’m critical of your client sticking his hand under my skirt and grabbing my ass.”
- When referring to the photo of Mueller and Taylor at the meet and greet, his attorney told Taylor that there was nothing visibly inappropriate going on. taylor responded with, “Gabe, this is a photo oh him with his hand up my skirt - with his hand on my ass. You can ask me a million questions - I’m never going to ay anything different. I never have said anything different.”
- McFarland pointed out to Taylor that the front of her skirt showed no signs of disruption, to which Taylor stated, “Because my ass is located in the back of my body.”
- As the picture included both Mueller and his then girlfriend, Shannon Melcher, his attorney said to Taylor that she was closer to Shannon than Mueller. Taylor then pointed out that she’s not confused about which hand could have grabbed her: “Yes, she did not have her hand on my ass.”
- McFarland asked Taylor how she felt about Mueller losing his job, following their encounter. Taylor replied, “I’m not going to allow you or your client make me feel in any way that this is my fault. Here we are years later, and I’m being blamed for the unfortunate events of his life that are the product of his decisions — not mine.”
- When explaining why no one else could have seen Mueller grab her backside, Taylor said, “The only person who would have a direct eye line is someone laying underneath my skirt and we didn’t have anyone positioned there.”
- Taylor has asserted that neither herself or her team had anything to do with Mueller losing his job, but McFarland still asked her if she thought Mueller got what he deserved. Her reply? “I don’t feel anything about Mr. Mueller. I don’t know him.”
Taylor wasn’t there to play and we admire her ability to stand strong in the face of adversity, fighting to stand up for others who have suffered the same wrongdoings.