A Star Is Born has to be one of the most raw and powerful films of 2018, not only lifting us up off our seats with the incredible performances, but also moving us to tears.
Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper’s onscreen chemistry was a force to be reckoned with and each of their scenes was filled with an honesty that made us forget it was a film.
While the ending had us all ugly crying, there is no denying that this is a truly remarkable piece of art, and so we thought we’d take a look at some things you might not know about the film to enrich the experience even more.
1. A Star Is Born was originally made in 1937 and has since been remade three times – in 1954, in 1976, and now again in 2018.
2. The line we all loved, “I just wanted to take another look at you” has been in all versions of the movie.
3. When Bradley Cooper first heard Lady Gaga sing, she was performing Edith Piaf’s ‘La Vie en Rose’ at a charity event. They decided to recreate this for the actual movie!
4. When we first see Lady Gaga, as Ally, leave her restaurant job and walk up the alley, she’s humming Judy Garland’s ‘Somewhere Over The Rainbow’ - Judy played the lead in the 1954 film version, so it’s a nice nod to her!
5. Ally and Jackson’s dog in the movie is played by Bradley’s real dog, Charlie! Bradley named him after his late father, who passed away from cancer.
6. As Lady Gaga was preparing to film the final scene where she sings ‘I’ll Never Love Again’, she got a phone call from a friend who was battling the late stages of cancer. She rushed to the hospital but sadly she had passed away just 10 minutes prior. When she sang the song when returning to set, it wasn’t just for Jackson’s character, but also for her friend.
7. You’re not the only one who loved this film - when it premiered, it got an eight-minute standing ovation - eight minutes!!!!!
What was the most memorable moment from the film for YOU?
Let us know in the Facebook comments!