Old wives' tales to help boost fertility and kickstart pregnancies have been around since we first started knockin' boots - but this one sounds a whole lot more appealing than most!
According to a new study via ChannelMum.com, more and more women (about 3% of aspiring mums) are eating Macca’s chips right after sex in hopes to fall pregnant - which, to be completely honest, sounds like a great time.
The belief is that the high salt content from the chips helps boost fertilisation.
However, it's important to note that like most wives' tales, so far, there is no actual conclusive evidence that eating the salty, delicious fries is making any difference.
But hey, chowing down on some fries sounds immensely more satisfying than lying on the bed for five minutes with your legs in the air - so really, what do you have to lose?
The research conducted also gathered some other methods that aspiring mums have tried to help them put a bun in the oven - and no, not all of them are as pleasing as post-sex chippies.
- Wear socks during sex and for the week after to keep your feet warm (10%)
- Eat Macca's chips immediately after sex (3%)
- Eat dark chocolate every day (37%)
- Avoid having an orgasm for a week after sex (6%) - this sounds terrible.
- Use reverse psychology and tell yourself you don’t want a baby, then have a wild night out and forget about ‘trying’ (39%) - fair.
- Eat pineapples and drink pineapple juice (32%)
- Wear green and use green bedsheets (5%) - interesting.
- Pierce your nose on the left side (0.5%) - no words.
- Don’t just put your legs in the air but ‘bicycle’ them for at least three minutes (58%)
- Sleep in total darkness. Switch off your phones, devices and wifi (15%)
- Do ‘dry January’ and stop drinking for a month (7%)
- And for the men – wear frozen underwear (1%) - come on men, don't leave it all to the women.
Have you tried any bizarre methods in order to fall pregnant? Let us know in the Facebook comments!