Our tips to get you from the couch to pounding the pavement…
- Know your WHY – everyone has different reasons that make them start running. Whether it be health & fitness, getting out of the house to clear the mind, or simply giving yourself a goal to work towards like running a half marathon. That reason will give you the ‘why’ that will get your running shoes on and out the door each day.
- Plan – a realistic plan will act as a training roadmap to help you hit your running goals. We suggest the ‘Couch to 5k Run Training’ app. This will help you work your way up to become a confident runner!
- You CAN walk – walk breaks are not slacking off. It takes time to become a runner! Walking intervals will aid in increasing fitness and reducing injury. As you train more, you will walk less!
- Treat yoself – give yourself a reward for hitting some of your goals. If you run 4 days a week for the first month, get yourself something cute! It always helps to dress the part 😉
- How long will it take to get ready? As much as we’d all like to, we can’t rush the process of getting race ready. Take the time to get yourself ready!
- 5K: 4 weeks
- 10K: 8 weeks
- Half marathon (21km): 12 weeks
- Listen! You can beat the voice in your head telling you not to run when you have a fire playlist to run to! Music has been shown to have a positive impact on performance so make sure you check out our blog next week with the best songs to run to.
If you’re going to quit anything – quit making excuses and quit waiting for the right time! It’s never too late to start, so go start now!
HBF Run for a Reason Sunday 19 May 2019. For information and to register go to Hbfrun.com.au