We made it through the Mercury Retrograde in March, barely, and yet another cosmic event is set to light up our skies and stir up our lives…
Tomorrow, on Good Friday, a full ‘pink moon’ is set to rise at 9.12pm AEST.
The moon won’t actually look pink, sorry to disappoint, but instead derives its term from the Native Americans who named it after a flower that blooms in the spring equinox, called ‘moss pink’ or wild ground phlox.
While a lot of you don’t believe in the hocus pocus of the moon and its affect on our emotions and lives, some of us do.
If you’re pregnant and one of those who know the toll a full moon can take on your life, then beware, because according to an old wives tales, the full moon can induce and influence labour!
The pink moon is thought to symbolise rebirth, just like Easter time, and is alternatively called the ‘Paschal Moon’ (passover moon) this year as it falls on Good Friday.
What chaos and excitement can you expect during this whirlwind day? Here’s some of what the pink moon brings about:
- All star signs will be pushed to see they’re in need of change, taking action, and some new excitement.
- We’re likely to get very anxious, frustrated, and tense with all the push for change
- We’re going to crave affection - but take a minute to think whether you’re actually giving enough affection to your loved ones
- Your decision making skills will be put to the test as you’re pushed and pulled in different directions
- Impulsivity will be at a high - be careful!
- You’ll be pushed to make new habits, break old ones, and let go of what’s holding you back so you can live your life to the fullest!
Here’s a Gif rundown of the day ahead:
To get through the day without a bump, remember:
- Before reacting, think! Don’t rush to react in a way you’ll regret later.
- Don’t make permanent decisions based on temporary feelings
- Take it one step at a time so you don’t get overwhelmed.
- Breathe, find something that relaxes you, and realise that you’re doing a great job! Don’t be too hard on yourself.
- Know you deserve the best and let go of anything holding you back.
- Gather your mates together for a fun night, so you’re not left alone with your thoughts.
Don’t stress too much, we know you’ll get through the full pink moon just fine! Just focus on the fact you got an extra day of the weekend - how amazing is that?!