Townsville Has Spoken, And This Is What You Give A Stuff About
The facts are in!
Council have carried out a study to determine what we care about most in Townsville.
The results of the Liveability Study identified nature, open spaces and neighbourhood safety as the top three topics that we value.
Community and Cultural Development Committee Chair Cr Colleen said the survey had captured a large cross section of Townsville’s community.
“Council wants to know what the community values so they can get the best out of living in our city,” Cr Doyle said.
“We had community members from all walks of life participate and Council will take on board all the feedback.
“Having access to parks and open spaces, improved safety in the suburbs and developing more places to enjoy the natural environment are top priorities for our residents.
“These results will help Council provide crucial infrastructure and services to cater for the future of all residents.
“We will now have these results in mind as we move forward and build for our future.”
Top Local Government Area Care Factors
- Elements of natural environment (natural features, views, vegetation, topography, water, wildlife, etc.)
- General condition of public open space (street trees ,footpaths, parks, etc.)
- Sense of neighbourhood safety (from crime, traffic, pollution, etc.)
- Sense of personal safety (for all ages, genders, day or night)
- Walking/jogging/bike paths that connect housing to communal amenity (shops, parks, etc.)
- Access and safety of walking, cycling, and/or public transport (signage, paths, lighting, etc.)
- Landscaping and natural elements (street trees, planting, water features, etc.)
- Access to neighbourhood amenities (cafes, shops, health and wellness services, etc)
- Spaces suitable for specific activities or special interests (entertainment, exercise, dog park, BBQs, etc.)
- Local businesses that provide for daily needs (grocery stores, pharmacy, banks, etc.)
EVEN GOOD PARENTS HAVE BAD DAYS- CATCH UP ON PARENT FAIL FRIDAY NOW!