Like many things this year, Mother’s Day has come around super fast!
You may have left your plans to the last minute, so why not gift mum something from the heart and bake some delicious cupcakes?
Take a look at this gorgeous (but super simple!) cupcake recipe!
½ cup caster sugar
3 large eggs
1 ½ cups self raising flour
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
3 tablespoons milk
200g icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 tablespoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Beat 150g of softened butter and ½ cup of caster sugar in a bowl until pale.
3. Add 3 large eggs and continue beating until well combined.
4. Add 1 ½ cups of self raising flour and 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder, beat until well combined.
5. Add 3 tablespoons of milk, beat until combined.
6. Place 12 cupcake liners in to a cupcake pan. Divide cake mix evenly into the 12 liners, place in preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
1. Beat 100g of softened butter in a bowl until pale.
2. Add 200g of sifted icing sugar and beat for 1 minute.
3. Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence and 2 tablespoons of milk, continue beating until well combined.
4. Cut mini marshmallows (approx. 25 per cupcake) diagonally with scissors. Dip the cut (sticky) side of marshmallow in 2 tablespoons of coloured sugar.
5. Pipe icing on top of cupcakes. Starting from the outside of cupcake arrange marshmallows like petals, overlapping the previous with each row.