Prescribed Burn Operations Will be Undertaken Across the South Burnett
within council reserves
Council is advising that prescribed burn operations will be undertaken within Council Reserves across the South Burnett. These operations are carried out by qualified and experienced operators. Prescribed burns play an important part in wildfire mitigation and biodiversity conservation.
- Blackbutt Tip Reserve
- Boondooma Dam
- Goodger Wetland
- Maidenwell Reserve
- Coomba Falls
- Staines Road Reserve
- Boardman Road Reserve
- Gordonbrook Dam
- Nanango Fauna Sanctuary
- Wondai Airport
- Tingoora Reserve
- Wondai East & Showground
- Booie Reserve
- Mt Stanley Road Reserve
- Mt Wooroolin
- Old Rifle Range Road
- Proston Reserve
- Proston West Reserve (showground)
- Malar Reserve
- Wondai West Reserve
Date: NOW - August 2019
Residents and businesses around the burn area are reminded to take the following precautions;
- Keep doors and windows closed to prevent smoke entering homes
- Keep outdoor furniture under cover to prevent ember burns
- Retract pool covers to prevent ember damage
- Remove washing from clothes lines
- Ensure pets have a protected area
- Vehicles must slow down, keep windows up and turn headlights on
- Sightseers must keep away from the burn for their own safety
If you have asthma or other breathing difficulties reduce outdoor activities. If shortness of breath or coughing develops, take advised medical precautions or seek medical advice.
Residents are also reminded that dumping of household waste on Council land is not permitted and fines apply.
If you require any further information please contact Coordinator Natural Resources on 4189 9100.
Missed something? Catch up here!