Police seized more than $260,000 of drugs and 12 firearms after bringing to a close a major firearm and drug operation in the Tara and Millmerran areas.
Officers from State Crime Command's Major and Organised Crime Squad executed 16 search warrants between February 5 - 7 on predominantly rural properties, they were assisted by officers from Toowoomba, Kingaroy and Roma MOCS, the Firearms and Cannabis Team along with Dalby CIB and the dog squad.
Unlawful weapons and identified firearms that were being modified and rebuilt were all discovered during the search.
Officers also located a quantity of cannabis and methylamphetamine valued at over $262,000. The cannabis seizure included 25 mature plants ranging in size from, two to four metres in height.
The illegal firearms seized included twelve illegal firearms
- 1 x MG08 Military 303 machine gun (Category R)
- 1 x x Ruger Mini 14 .223 with two extended magazines (category D)
- 1 x 303 full wood Military rifle
- 1 x single barrel shotgun 12 gauge
- 1 x black powder musket, one homemade black powder pistol
- 2 x homemade silencers (category R)
- 2 x homemade black powder cannons
- 1 x .22 bolt action rifles and one homemade firearm
The operation resulted in 17 people being charged with 56 drug and weapons offences.
CRIME STOPPERS: 1800.333.000 or via crimestoppersqld.com.au 24hrs per day
ONLINE: online form 24hrs per day
Missed something? Catch up here!