Mercury Warning For Hinze Dam Fish

Catch And Release Rules Apply

24 September 2018

Article heading image for Mercury Warning For Hinze Dam Fish

Fish from Hinze Dam should be thrown back.

The treated water is still safe for drinking, but tests have revealed naturally-occurring Mercury in some older fish.

There's apparently very little risk of harm if you have occasionally eaten some, but anyone with health concerns should contact their GP or call 13 HEALTH.

There will be signs put up around the dam advising anglers it's Catch and Release Only for the time being.

Listen Live!