Attending a Dawn Service to commemorate Anzac Day is a special Australian tradition.
If you're planning on attending the Dawn Service at the South Australian National War Memorial then you should definitely make sure you are properly prepared.
The Dawn Service will commence at 6am.
Adelaide Metro will be running extra services on Anzac Day to get you to and from the city.
Regular Adelaide Metro bus and train services will operate to a Sunday and public holiday timetable.
FREE TRAVEL is available on all Adelaide Metro buses, trains and trams on Anzac Day for:
- Past and present military personnel who are wearing uniform.
- People wearing service medals.
- People carrying a war veteran's identification card.
The Anzac Day March commences at 9.30am from North Terrace and turns right onto King William Rd. It concludes at the Cross of Sacrifice in Pennington Gardens, North Adelaide.
City road closures
- Grenfell Street between Gawler Place and Frome Street - 7am to 12pm
- Hindmarsh Square/Mogata between Grenfell Street and Pirie Street - 7am to 12pm
- King William Street between North Terrace and Hindley Street - 7am to 1pm
- King William Road between North Terrace and Kermode Street - 7am to 1pm
- Kintore Avenue between North Terrace and Morgan Thomas Lane - 4am to 1pm
- North Terrace between King William Street and Pulteney Street - 5am to 1pm
- North Terrace between Frome Road and Victoria Street - 7am to 1pm
- Pennington Terrace between King William Road and Sir Edwin Smith Avenue - 7am to 1pm
- Pirie Street between Hyde Street and Frome Street - 7am to 12pm
- Pulteney Street between North Terrace and Flinders Street - 7am to 12pm
- Rundle Street between Pulteney Street and Frome Street (car park access only) - 7am to 12pm
- Sir Edwin Smith Avenue between King William Road and Kermode Street - 7am to 1pm
- Victoria Drive between King William Road and Kintore Avenue - 4am to 4pm
- War Memorial Drive between the Riverbank Bridge and King William Road - 7am to 1pm
- War Memorial Drive, from Sir Edwin Smith Avenue intersection approx 400 meters east - 7am to 1pm
- Waymouth Street between Bentham Street and Young Street (Union Hotel) - 6am to 11.59pm