Council are working with mental health & suicide support services to provide information and support on how to cope with loss through suicide and how to support yourself and others.
An information session will be held on Tuesday, December 18 at 5:30pm in the conference room at the TAFE campus in Palm Avenue, Leeton.
Information session topics include:
- Helpful ways of supporting one another during times of need
- Helping manage and support positive and hopeful social media messaging
- Pathways to appropriate support
- How to talk to children and young people about suicide
- Self-care and strategies for looking after yourself
The evening is being facilitated by representatives from Wellways and Murrumbidgee Primary Health Network.
“Christmas and the holiday period is a time for happiness and connecting with loved ones, but for some it can be the opposite. A death by suicide can be a confusing and difficult time for many, especially for families, friends, workplaces and communities. This is an opportunity to come together and support one another and the community, and all are welcome," said Leeton Shire Council Community Services Manager, Wendell Peacock
If you need support now, you can call the following numbers:
Accessline Murrumbidgee – 1800 800 944
Lifeline – 13 11 14
Kids Helpline 1800 55 1800