With scorching temperatures forecast this coming weekend, the Dederang Races have announced that they have cancelled their upcoming meet, citing jockey and horse safety:
The full post reads:
To all our amazing supporters, race goers, sponsors, trainers, owners, members & the fantastic Dederang/Kiewa Valley Community - we wish to advise that our race day has been abandoned due to the forecast hot weather. We know that you will share our disappointment at this news but we trust that you will all understand that the welfare of the horses and jockeys is paramount for us.
Unfortunately there are no suitable replacement dates available in close proximity and so the meeting has had to be abandoned.
RV will discuss with the Club opportunities to reschedule the Dederang Cup meeting later in the season. We will keep you informed if we are able to arrive at a suitable date for the rescheduling of the event.
Thank you once again for all your likes, comments, tags and shares! You have been a great support to us.
Plans at the 'Ranga (Dederang Pub) are still set to go ahead.