Recent diners at Sokyo restaurant at The Star have been advised to see their GP after a warning from NSW Health.
A staff member at the restaurant has been diagnosed with hepatitis A, and people who ate at the restaurant during the evening of September 20-24, 26, 27 and 29, and October 2 and 4-8 may have been exposed.
It is understood that the risk of the infection spreading is low and there is no ongoing risk to other diners.
The food handler is believed to have picked up hepatitis A while overseas recently, and the NSW Food Authority has confirmed that the restaurant remains fit and operational with necessary processes and hygiene systems in place.
Hepatitis A can be caught through contaminated food or water, or through direct sexual contact with an infectious person.