Image Source: Hamish Hastie c/- YourLocalExaminer.com.au
Denny Avenue in Kelmscott, which spans just 150 metres, has been named WA's most dangerous road, in a new RAC survey.
Motorists pointed to the road's confusing layout, inadequate turning lanes and poor traffic light system.
And the issues with Denny Avenue don't end there; two out of three intersections on the road ranked in the top ten most perilous intersections.
RAC's Will Golsby told the newsroom, Denny Avenue's been the scene of 145 crashes in just four years.
"Many people have said there's a very confusing road and intersection layout, inadequate traffic light system, and the crossing or turning opportunities are dangerous."
The Walcott-Beaufort street intersection and Edgewater Drive and Ocean Reef Road intersection rounded out the top ten.
Mr Golsby said there's scope for WA political parties to focus on road safety this state election campaign.
"WA has an $845 million road maintenance backlog and also has one of the worst road fatality rates in the country."
Here are the top 10 Risky Roads, according to the report:
- Denny Avenue - Kelmscott
- Albany Highway - Albany to Bannister
- Great Eastern Highway - The Lakes to Northam/Merredin to Southern Cross
- Toodyay Road - Red Hill to Toodyay
- Great Southern Highway - York to Cranbrook
- Armadale Road - Cockburn to Armadale
- Indian Ocean Drive - Lancelin to Dongara
- Bussell Highway - Capel
- Great Northern Highway - Muchea to Bindoon
- South Coast Highway - Cheynes to Jerdacuttup
Here are the top 10 risky intersections, according to the report:
- Forrest Highway (Australind Bypass) x Hynes Road - Eaton
- Denny Avenue x Strelch Avenue - Kelmscott
- Denny Avenue x Railway Avenue - Kelmscott
- Edgewater Drive x Ocean Reef Road - Edgewater
- Green Street x Scarborough Beach Road - Mt Hawthorn
- Albany Highway x South Coast Highway - Orana (Albany)
- Garden Street x Nicholson Road x Yale Road - Canning Vale
- Beaufort Street x Walcott Street - Mt Lawley
- Nicholson Road x Thomas Road - Oakford
- Great Eastern Highway x Scott Street - Greenmount / Abernethy Road x Hopkinson Road - Oakford
Written by: @Pippa_Reed