The family of a young girl left with severe brain damage after she suffered an electric shock from an outside tap in Beldon is suing the State Government.
Denishar Woods, 11, was turning off the garden tap at the state housing residence on March 3 when she was shocked by a electric current running through it.
Her mother, Lacey Harrison, also received an electric shock as she tried to help.
Denisher wasn't expected to survive, but began speaking and moving to the surprise of her doctors.
But she remains in a wheelchair and will need ongoing care.
The family will now seek compensation to help cope with the financial challenge of that care.