A 19-year-old man faced Port Macquarie local court on Saturday, after leading police on a pursuit through the centre of town the day before.
About 10.40am, officers from Mid North Coast Local Area Command were patrolling Gordon Street when they sighted a wanted man in a Holden Captiva.
After the driver failed to stop, officers pursued the vehicle and as the car approached the intersection of Gordon and Hollingworth Street, Port Macquarie, it lost control and crashed into two stationary cars.
The man was taken to Port Macquarie Police Station and charged with a number of offences including:
- Driving whilst disqualified,
- Illegal use of a vehicle,
- Goods in custody,
- Driving in a dangerous manner,
- Resisting arrest,
- Not stopping in police pursuit (Skye’s Law)
- Not giving particulars in an accident; and,
- An outstanding warrant.