Victoria’s Chief Health Officer has issued a warning about poisonous mushrooms in Melbourne.
Professor Charles Guest, Chief Health Officer issued the warning this morning.
He said extreme caution is advices when picking and consuming wild mushrooms in Victoria. Death Cup mushrooms and Yellow-staining mushrooms are currently growing locally following heavy rains.
The department warned that drying, cooking or peeling the mushrooms would not remove the poison.
He said mushrooms purchased from stores were safe to eat.