Here in Melbourne we love our cheap eats. But there's the best?
Luckily for us, TripAdvisor have released their annual list of the best cheap eats in Australia - and Melbourne's Laksa King has made the list!
1. Bagus Cafe – Cairns, Queensland: This Cairns hotspot, set in a cool outdoor area, has some of the best Indonesian food in Queensland.
2. Yellow Deli – Katoomba, New South Wales: Set in a quirky and cosy environment, Yellow Deli offers a variety of wholesome foods including fresh juices and salads.
3. Mamak – Sydney, New South Wales: Named after the roadside stalls of Kuala Lumpur that peddle Indian Malay street food, Mamak is renowned for authentic, bold and traditional flavours with a smart and friendly service.
4. Laksa King – Melbourne, Victoria: Established in 1998, Laksa King’s authentic Malaysian recipe dishes are created in the Laksa King kitchen daily from scratch.
5. Ganbaranba – Cairns, Queensland: A modest place situated at Spence Street, Ganbaraba offers delicious Japanese delicacies like ramen, gyoza and donburi bowls.
6. Warung Ade Indonesian Restaurant – Mandurah, Western Australia: Warung Ade is a local family business ran and managed by an Indonesian family. The menu boasts true Indonesian flavours using the finest local and imported ingredients.
7. Shamrock Hotel – Hobart, Tasmania: A cosy little pub that provides cheap pub food amongst a great atmosphere.
8. Surfers Paradise Life Saving Club – Gold Coast, Queensland: People love the all you can eat breakfast and the under $10 value meals.
9. Surfers Sandbar – Gold Coast, Queensland: Good, honest food set in a superb location within Surfers Paradise.
10. Shanghai Street Dumpling – Melbourne, Victoria: Popular for its dumplings and soups and exceptional service.