There’s always something to do in Melbourne, so to help you plan out an amazing year, here are a few events to check out in early 2018.
1. Midsumma Carnival – January 14th
As part of the Midsumma Festival, this event celebrates all things LGBT. Expect drag shows, men with their shirts off and more.
2. Chinese New Year – January 14th-February 18th
The famous celebration will take place in multiple locations, including Crown Casino and China Town in the CBD. Expect traditional decorations, authentic food and more.
3. Sugar Mountain – January 20th
This very popular music festival will return with a massive line-up including Cut Copy and a bunch of international DJs.
4. Pause Fest – February 2nd-9th
Experience the newest advancements in technology and digital in this event which brings experts and professionals alike to Federation Square.
5. White Night Melbourne – February 17th-18th
This one is a no brainer. Make your way into the city to see light projections and more.
6. Melbourne Women In Film Festival – February 22nd-25th
Celebrating women in the film industry, see a large set of talks by Australian women. Be inspired by their stories as well as screenings of many films, including dramas and comedies.
7. Virgin Australia Melbourne Fashion Festival – March 1st-18th
Experience the latest runway looks at Australia’s biggest fashion event. There will be pop-up bars and live entertainment, making it the perfect night out.
8. F1 Grid Festival – March 3rd-4th
As part of the 2018 Formula 1 Rolex Australian Grand Prix, the iconic ACDC lane will host the inaugural festival with live music and more.
9. Melbourne Queer Film Festival – March 15th-26th
Watch acclaimed LGBT films on the 27th year of this popular festival. Find a location close to you to experience a night of laughs and heartbreak.
10. Melbourne Food and Wine Festival – March 16th-25th
Experience all our region has to offer at this annual festival. Set out along Southbank as well as at over 200 events across Melbourne, you cannot miss it.
11. Melbourne International Coffee Expo – March 22nd-24th
Does it get any more Melbourne than this? Check out Roasters Alley to taste the good stuff, watch the Australian Coffee Championships and get up close and personal with your favourite cup.
12. Melbourne International Comedy Festival – March 28th-April 22nd
One of the biggest events of the year, the festival will host some of the best local and international comedy acts for a night full of laughter.
13. Dog Lovers Show – May 4th-6th
Book this in your diary ASAP! Pat multiple good boys and girls and watch some of the most talented pups in the country show off their tricks and athletic abilities.
14. Good Beer Week – May 11th-20th
Get your mates and try a list of fantastic brews as well as some great food.
Did we miss your favourite event? Let us know on Facebook!
At Fox FM, we’ve got Melbourne covered. Download our app: play.hit.com.au/fox