Here's your chance to have some edible plants like fruit and nut trees planted in your local reserve?
The City of Mount Gambier is calling for you and your neighbours to get together and put in a submission for the chance to receive up to $1000 worth of plants.
City of Mount Gambier Mayor, Andrew Lee said “eating fresh fruit and nuts is great for your health, and you can’t get much fresher than straight off the tree in your backyard.”
“One of the Criteria of this project is that people get together with their neighbours to make a submission and agree to look after the trees together – just one simple way to get to know your neighbours, and help build a stronger and more connected community,” Mayor Lee continued.
“Eating local food is also better for the environment, with no need for your fruit and nuts to be shipped across the globe.” said City of Mount Gambier Environmental Sustainability Officer, Carmel Ron.
To make a submission get together some neighbours and make sure you address the Criteria. The process is competitive so be creative to ensure that your entry is selected.
Submissions need to be at Council by 5pm on Friday 28th April, 2017.
You can send your submissions to Council in the following ways:
Have Your Say: http://haveyoursaymountgambier.com.au/EOI-edible-plants
Post: PO Box 56, Mount Gambier, SA 5290
In Person: Civic Centre, 10 Watson Terrace, Mount Gambier
1. List the name/location of the reserve in which you would like the plants planted.
2. List the names and address of the people who agree to maintain the plants.
3. List the kinds of plants you want planted – fruit trees, nut trees etc. - and how many of each.
4. Outline how you as a group will maintain the plants and ensure that the fruit and/or nuts get eaten.
5. Include any other information relating to why edible plants should be planted in your local reserve.