Another severe thunderstorm warning has been issued for parts of the Gold Coast with heavy rain leading to the risk of flash flooding.
Falls of up to 60mm an hour were reported from near the southern border ranges on Monday afternoon, with storms are expected to dump heavy falls on locations including Beaudesert, Rathdowney, Maroon Dam, Numinbah Valley, Little Nerang Dam, Laravale and Kooralbyn.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.