South Korea has fallen crazy in love with a dish that bears the name, Toowoomba Pasta – they’re mad about it!
The dish which, appears on their Outback Steakhouse menu, previously appeared on the USA Chain of Outback Steakhouse menu but has since been removed, however that hasn’t deterred South Korea.
Toowoomba Pasta has taken on a life of it’s own with videos on how to create the pasta meal on YouTube.
The dish that has South Korea going gaga has grilled shrimp, crawfish, mushrooms and parmesan with fettuccine and a cream sauce.
Want to give it a go and see what all the fuss is about – here's what you need:
- Shrimp (10 heads)
- 1 tbs red pepper powder
- 1tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1 cup of cooking wine
- 1 garlic clove diced
- 10 to 15 peppercorns
- 1/2 onion
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 200g of spaghetti
- Dash of Olive oil
- Fresh cream
- Parmesan cheese powder
- Marinate the shrimp with red pepper powder, pepper, salt and cooking wine for 30 minutes
- With ten minutes to go in the marinating process, begin to boil the pasta
- Chop the garlic, onion and mushrooms
- Head a pan with olive oil and add garlic and peppercorns
- Add in the onions, mushroom and bacon and stir until they are cooked
- Add the marinated shrimp.
- Add some spicy sauce if you want it spicy.
- Add fresh cream and milk.
- Add a little more milk to thin the sauce out
- Add the cooked pasta and some of the water to the sauce mixture.
- Add parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste.
There you have it, Toowoomba Pasta BON APETITE!
Missed something? Catch up here!