Breast pump manufacturer Medela is recalling a range of accessories after a fault was found that could lead to electric shocks.
It's reported the detachable wall plugs which connect to five of their breast pumps are being urgently recalled.
“Medela has received isolated reports of the detachable wall plug breaking into two parts, thereby potentially exposing two metal terminals and creating a risk of electric shock,” a statement from the company says.
The plug in question is sold separately but also included in pumps.
The following products are said to be affected:
• Swing: model no 030.0040
• Swing Premium: model no 030.0060
• Swing Essentials: model no 030.0053
• Swing Maxi: model no 040.0011
• Freestyle: model no 042.0014
• Stand-alone AC Power adaptor (for Swing Maxi and Freestyle): model no 099.0273
The company said not all wall pugs were affected.
For more info head to their website, or call Medela Australia on 1800 787 345.