Pic: Nine News Queensland
Around 35,000 Brisbane bus commuters are expected to be left high and dry after early morning strike action taken by hundreds of drivers.
Workers walked off the job from 4.30am to 6.30am at three depots over an ongoing union dispute centered around proposed pay increases, conditions and safety issues following the fatal attack on driver Manmeet Alisher at Moorooka last year.
The same strike action will also happen on Wednesday morning.
Brisbane City Council have urged people travelling this morning or Wednesday morning to make alternative arrangement, as flow-on delays are expected throughout the day.
While Translink's Journey Planner will be of little help, it is yet to updated with the delayed routes
It's believed most services between 29 and 599 are experiencing delays.
Rail, Train and Bus Union secretary Tom Brown said all drivers want is fair work and fair pay.
"We're not getting this at the moment. Since one of our colleagues was murdered late last year, attacks on drivers have continued. There a physical assaults on a weekly basis," he said speaking to Channel 7.
Mr Brown said the council had offered to double the budget for security guards, but it didn't go far enough.