Winter is here…… and no we aren’t talking about Game of Thrones. It’s time for some new winter menus in and around Newcastle to warm us up on those days we don’t feel like cooking or eating that boring meal we have in the work fridge for lunch. We got together a little list of some of the top secret foodie places to visit this winter……
- Mockingbird cafe, located on Beaumont Street, have been in the kitchen the past few weeks getting ready to launch their new winter menu towards the end of May. We got word from the chefs that it has some perfect winter meals, so new and top secret that the menu is only just being printed!
- With its pink neon sign, Lulu’s Cafe + Poke has become a great place for the perfect Instagram shot. And with their new winter menu, the cafe has truly cemented itself in the Newcastle food scene. Here’s a little look from the new menu….. Charcoal Breakfast Burger with potato, bacon, fried egg, tomato salsa, rocket and chives….. is your mouth watering yet? Lulu’s caters breakfast from 7:30am-11:30am and their specialty Poke Bowls 11:30am-3:00pm.
- The Village Newcastle, located on Beaumont Street is a secret only known to Hamilton locals with their breakfast and lunch menus perfect for the cold winter days. From their Greek Breakie and Smoked Corn & Pumpkin Fritters to warm you up to their Crumbed Red Spot Whiting Burger to help hit the spot when your soggy sandwich isn’t doing the job!
- The Barn Adamstown has filled a spot in Adamstown, with a toasty warm fire located inside the cafe. With an all day breakfast menu and a lunch menu starting at 11:30am which includes mouth watering meals from Noodle Bowls to Vego Burgers, the Barn is the place to be this winter.
- Here’s a little secret for all you foodies out there, we got word that a brand new coffee shop is opening up in Wallsend this weekend! Wildflower Espresso has come together in just over 100 days and will be serving coffee + snacks from the 19th onwards, make sure you go check it out!
Catch the author Maddie Boland at https://www.instagram.com/newyfoodlover/