We all know water is our most precious resource. Here in the Hunter we have been good at saving water at work and home but recently our water usage has crept up and become about 10% more than the national average.*
To turn the tide, Hunter Water has teamed up with Hit106.9 to reduce water usage across our region and give you the chance to win $1000 cash.
All you need to do is visit Hunterwater.com.au complete the water usage calculator and fill in your details.
The Water Usage Calculator gives you some great tips on how to save water around the home and garden.
We all have a role to play and together we can make a big difference in saving our region’s precious water.
Some easy ways to show how much you Love Water is to:
- Fix leaking taps and toilets as soon as you notice them
- Use a rain water tank for watering your garden and flushing the toilet
- Use a trigger mozzle on your hose
- Only wash when you have a full load
* On average Hunter residents use 191 liters per day, which is more than 19 liters per day above the national average of nine major Australian water utilities (50,000+ customers), who have consistently reported residential consumption less than or equal to this. This includes the Central Coast Council (based on averages from Gosford and Wyong), Queensland Urban Utilities, Logan City Council and various Victorian utilities.