It’s Friday, you’ve had a long week and you’re ready for an awesome weekend… But first, its happy hour time! We’ve got together some of the best places to grab a cocktail or your choice of beverage to wind down on a Friday night….
- 5 Sawyers are well known for being a place where you can go to share some great food with friends and then enjoy some classic hits and faves from Newcastle’s top DJs. 5 Sawyers’ Happy Hour is actually TWO hours and runs from 5pm-7pm on a Friday night to get the weekend started! They make their own signature Sugar Syrups in house using fresh and local ingredients to give their cocktails the freshest flavour!
- Coal and Cedar, located on Hunter Street and awarded Australia’s best regional bar in 2016 is the perfect place to wind down after a long week. With a whiskey of the week every week, they offer a range of beverages including their well known speciality, aperitif cocktails to help you relax while you listen to some great tunes and have a Friday night boogie!
- The Blind Monk is well known for it’s craft beers & ciders, cocktails, great food and the largest whisky collection in the Hunter. With their ‘monk classics’ it’s easy to find something to suit everyone and enjoy the beginning of the weekend on Beaumont Street from their arched windows.
- Did you know that between 8pm and 10pm you can get $5.00 Absolute Vodka's at Battlesticks Bar as well as weekly cocktails for $10 and with a view of the harbour, could you ask for a better place to have happy hour? Get down to Battlesticks and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, entertainment and even better beverages!
- Customs House is well known for its ‘FANTASTICO FRIDAY!’ From 5-8pm on Friday nights, they have $5 Espresso Martinis, $5 Peroni and $5 House Wine along with live entertainment and delicious food! Can you think of a better place to be on a Friday Night? We sure can’t!
Check out the author, Maddie Boland at her food instagram; @newyfoodlover