Australia Day is a day where we celebrate the amazing country we live in, but really, we just LOVE a public holiday and will take any excuse to let our hair down (amirite?!).
We've compiled a list of the most Aussie things to do on Australia Day! A list of things we're all guilty of, but are totally accepted if it's the 26th of January.
- Cover your entire face & body with temporary tattoos from the $2 shop. (most likely make the mistake of forgetting to remove the plastic sheet on at least one)
- Ensure the “2 before 10 or 10 before 2” rule is implemented and strictly followed
- Blast Daryl Braithwaite ‘Horses’ on repeat
- Once sick of Daryl Braithwaite ‘Horses’ (is that even possible?!), chuck on ‘Drive’ by Shannon Noll and scream it at the top of your lungs
- In true Nollsey style – do a shooey
- Put some shrimp on the barby
- Wear an Aussie flag as a cape
- Partake in a:
- Slip & Slide
- Game of beer pong
- Game of backyard cricket
- All of the above
- Refer to Australia as “Straya” in all instances
If we missed any "True Blue" aussie-ism's, let us know in the Facebook comments!
Have a fun this Australia Day & stay safe!