The city is set to get very busy over the next few weeks.
Commuters in almost every suburb on the Gold Coast are being urged to prepare for road closures in their area.
Luckily for you, we've complied a list of roads that are closed over this busy period for some light bedtime reading with the help from our friends at Action, Tyres & More.
Keep this guide handy, to ensure you aren't driving down the wrong road and wasting time on your journey during the biggest sporting event our city has even seen!
— Beattie Rd between Dreamworld Parkway and Lorenzo Dr, also between Foxwell Rd and Dreamworld Parkway (March 30- April 16).
- Dreamworld Parkway between Foxwell Rd and Beattie Rd (March 30-April 16).
— Oxenford Studios internal road (March 31-April 16).
— Gold Coast Highway between Stevens St and Marine Pde (March 31-April 16).
- North St between Scarborough St and Gold Coast Highway (March 31-April 16).
- Nind St between Scarborough St and Gold Coast Highway (March 31-April 16).
- Nerang St between Scarborough Street and Gold Coast Highway (April 3-15).
- Young St (April 3-15).
- Davenport St between Nerang St and Young St (April 3-15).
— The Esplanade between Peppers Soul roundabout and Hanlan St (April 4-15).
— Armrick Ave between Surf Pde and Old Burleigh Rd and Gold Coast Highway
and Surf Pde (March 6-April 25).
- Chelsea Ave between Gold Coast Highway and Surf Pde, also between Surf Pde and Broadbeach Blvd.
— Rosewood Ave (March 19-April 17).
- St Kilda Ave (March 19-April 17).
- Second Ave (March 19-April 17).
- Surf Pde between Chelsea Ave and Second Ave (March 19-April 17).
- Surf Pde between Charles and Queensland avenues (March 26-April 18).
- Albert Ave between Old Burleigh Rd and Surf Pde (March 26-April 18).
- Victoria Ave (March 26-April 18).
— Stadium Dr (April 6-16).
- East Lane (April 6-16).
- Promethean Way (April 10-15).
- Centreline Pl (April 10-15).
- Cheltenham Dr between Laver Dr and Robina Station Rd (April 13-15).
- Robina Station Rd (April 13-15).
- Paddington Pl (April 10-15).
— Marine Pde between Pizza Hut roundabout and McLean St, also between McLean St and Warner St.
— McLean St between Marine Pde and Griffith St (April 4-18).
- Oceanway pedestrian cycle path around headland (until mid-April).
— Pacific Pde (April 3-17).
— Lawson St (April 12).
- Stevens St (April 12).
- Martin St (April 12).
- Hope St (April 6-12).
This traffic update is thanks to your friends at Action, Tyres & More!
For all of your mechanical and tyre needs see the guys at Action Tyres & More Price Street Southport.