With the big race day coming round the bend faster than you can say "Michelle Payne has tested positive", it's full steam ahead for many of us planning make up, hair, outfits, Uber ride and tinder date.
Here are six thoughts you'll most definitely have in lead up to the race that stops the nation.
1. Should I get my spray tan 46 hours or 27 hours before the cup lunch? I don't want to look TOO brown but also want to look like I've been sun bathing in the Bahamas for 3 months with no sunscreen.
2. I've been shopping 15 million times this year but seriously, I have nothing to wear. 14 outfits later, I've realised I own way too much black and I'm in a puddle of my own sweat and tears screaming that my life is meaningless and I'm a walking fashion disaster.
3. Why couldn't Melbourne Cup have been 3 months ago? I had the perfect dress that hadn't been worn, my eyebrows were on point, my hair was effortlessly bouncy and I'd been to the gym at least two times that week.
4. If I wear pants instead of a dress will everyone assume that I haven't shaved my legs? Or that my fashion icon is Hilary Clinton? Even if it's true, I can't have ANYONE thinking either of those things.
5. Even though the only fascinator I own stands out like a sore thumb, do you think anyone will notice that I've worn it three years in a row?
6. How should I do my hair? It never look as good in photos if I put it up, but my hair is greasy and I can't be bothered washing it. Maybe I'll just wash it. Oh wait! I bought that dry shampoo the other day. SCORE!
7. THAT'S IT. IT'S RAINING. I'M NOT GOING!