When you think of fashion week, you probably think of a whole lot of people straight out of The Devil Wears Prada sitting in the front rows and silently judging everyone around them as they wear their most expensive attire.
A bit cynical and judge thing to say? You betcha!
But the thing is, after some of the savage things overheard from this year’s Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia at Carriageworks… we’re starting to believe the whole ‘Devil Wears Prada’ crowd vibe.
According to Tomboy Beauty and Harper’s Bazaar, here are some of the most brutal fashion week quotes!
- “The Maserati they lent me was gone. Nowhere to be seen. I had to take the BUS to Coogee for Emilia Wickstead.”
- I can’t believe I don’t have access to the star bar this year. I’ve had a 1pm free red wine routine for the past 3 years. Now what the hell am I supposed to do? Pay?!”
- “This year everyone is just like, ‘meh, who are you?’”
- “This year you can’t be front row unless you have over 50k Instagram followers.”
- “I can’t believe you’re in the second row. That wasn’t in the contract!”
- “Look at the photos our fashion editor sent me from the show. I literally fell on the ground they are so bad. That is not your best. That is nobody’s best.”
- “I just look at everyone in the front row and I’m like, who are you?”
- “I love people who try and make things fashion by adding a Gucci belt to their civilian clothing.”
- “I reckon I might get a chance to shave my legs today.. heaven.”
- “I wish there was a peacock emoji…”
- “I want an effing arancini ball but my intern just took the last one. Does she not know what a hierarchy is?”
Did YOU attend Fashion Week this year?
What was the most savage thing YOU overheard?!