Warning After Man Gets Serious Burns From High-Vis Jacket

Be careful!


7 October 2019

Article heading image for Warning After Man Gets Serious Burns From High-Vis Jacket

Medical Journal of Australia

A warning for those who wear high vis workwear after a Pilbara field engineer received severe sunburn though a reflective stripe.

Karratha Nickol Bay Hospital doctor Ioana Vlad  told the West Australian she’d “never seen anything like it” when a man came in with painful burns on his torso.

 “The patient mentioned during the day, he felt the tape very hot against his skin,” she said.

The case occurred two years ago but has been published in the latest Medical Journal of Australia.

Catch up on today's headlines and download the Hit app here: iOS | Android

Listen Live!
Up Next