Australians love The States, which makes sense - it is the land of pizza the size of your face, bagels and hot dogs. I mean, the USA is famous for a lot of things. However, my mind just gravitates to food at all…. Twisties.
I have recently come back from a trip to LA and NY and they are two of the greatest cities in the world. But I did have some thoughts that I think EVERY Aussie has when they are in America.
- Why is the service so good?
- There is Starbucks everywhere. Literally everywhere.
- OMG Americans do a good burger!
- Everyone talks like the movies.
- I hate tipping!
- All this money looks the same.
- Why are Americans so nice?
- This was in a movie.
- This large is stupidly big.
- Why are there so many cereal options?
- Do I tip everyone?
- How much do I tip?
- What is Fahrenheit?
- Oh they have Havaianas - they must be Australian.
- Why are they laughing when I say thongs?
- God I miss Vegemite.
- NYPD OMG like the show!!!
- Water oh sorry watttterrrrrr.
Don't miss Weekend Breakfast with Dylan, Tanya and Angus on Saturday and Sunday mornings across the Hit Network! Follow the show on Facebook and Instagram and listen on the Hit app for iOS and Android.