Questions have been circling around whether Townsville water restrictions will be lifted, and Townsville City Council have a response.
The decision has been made that water restrictions will be eased, meaning that you can use your sprinkler and automatic irrigation from dusk till dawn 3 days a week on an odds and evens system.
Townsville Mayor Jenny Hill says we still need to be water smart.
“Council has eased water restrictions now that the dam levels have risen but we want to ensure the community continues to be water smart,” Cr Hill said.
“If our community uses water wisely we will have sufficient supplies in the dam until the 3-point water security solution is delivered.
“Our Water Smart package will also support resident to transition to a more efficient use of such a precious resource."
So here's the new rules:
Residential, rural and commercial lawns and gardens
(including school grounds/gardens)
- Sprinklers can be used between 5pm-8am (odd and evens system)
- Permitted from 5pm on your allocated day until 8am the following day
- Even houses: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- Odd houses: Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
- Handheld watering with a trigger nozzle permitted at any time on any day
For a full recap on water usage for sports clubs, washing boats and more, visit Council's website.
Will Gabi get her FIRST KISS?! Catch up on the latest episode of GABI'S DIARY before this week's installment!