Toowoomba Police conducted a traffic operation “Operation Quebec Yield” on December 12 and 13.
The Toowoomba Police Station, Bike Squad and Road Policing Unit joined forces for “Operation Quebec Yield which was conducted in Toowoomba’s CBD specifically targeting the following:
- Red Lights
- Mobile Phones
- Seat Belts
- Number plate offences
- Unregistered vehicles
- Uninsured vehicles
Over the course of the operation police detected:
- 48 x drivers using hand held mobile phones;
- 1 x driver fail to wear seat belt;
- 1 x fail to stop at red light;
- 1 x fail to give way;
- 2 x drug driving;
- 4 x unregistered motor vehicle;
- 1 x uninsured motor vehicle.
Seven other traffic offences were also detected.
- 3 x disobey directional arrow;
- 2 x U-turn at traffic lights;
- 1 x drive with recently expired drivers license;
- 1 x smoking in vehicle with person under 16.
Toowoomba Police would like to remind motorists to be mindful of the Fatal Five and stay safe on the roads.
Missed something? Catch up here!