History has shown us that the Mercury Retrogrades do NOT treat us well and often turn us into grumpy, b*tchy, snarky people who are prone to having their lives thrown into a f*&#ing mess.
Now that Mercury is in Retrograde once again… we’re all in a state of anxiety and damage control as we prepare for the stars to cause chaos.
There has been a longstanding belief that retrogrades lead to complications in travel, communication and relationships, when a planet’s orbit changes directions.
Here’s the low down on what’s to come and how to do some major damage control:
This retrograde began on July 7, in the Leo sign, and is set to remain in its current sequence until July 31.
During this time, it’s set to bring a lot of aggression and frustration into our lives.
Feeling on edge? Blame it on the retrograde, as Mercury is the planet that affects not only our communication and relationships, but also our organisation skills.
We’re often more in tune with our not-so-nice sides during this time and are unable to move through problems and emotions with ease, instead becoming caught up in them and unable to get our message across to people (or properly understand what others are trying to communication).
Prepare for the following:
- Communication and technology breakdowns
- Anxiety attacks
- Delays with travel
- Lost items
- To dwell TOO much on things
- Reminiscing on the past
- Unexpected and unwanted people to walk back in to your life
Mercury in retrograde is known to be a real pain in the ass, despite how nostalgic it can make us, but Astrology King has explained that there are a few things we can do to try and minimise the emotional damage that’s set to occur:
- Think twice before speaking (we’re prone to speak before we think during this time, which only causes problems)
- Stay away from your ex (we repeat: stay away from your ex!)
- Don’t react too quickly in an argument
- Don’t react when provoked
- If you’re feeling overwhelmed, get some space and take some time to yourself
- Double check all your commitments and plans for the month
- Double check your messages and emails before sending them
- Avoid signing any contracts
- Be on the lookout for unreliable and dishonest people disguising themselves as ‘friends’ - toxic people in your life will be at an all time high!
- Get your car serviced before going on any planned road trips
- Avoid making any big decisions a few days either side of the retrograde (it’s the riskiest time!)
While the retrograde can be a stressful and chaotic time for us all, just remember that it’s here to help us grow - even if it’s a painful process!
Before you know it, the retrograde will pass and things will be back to normal, so look out for your besties this month!
In case you want to prepare ahead, here are the dates for future Mercury retrogrades coming up!
October 31 – November 20, 2019 in water-sign Scorpio
February 18 – March 9, 2020 in water-sign Pisces, ends in air-sign Aquarius
June 17 – July 12, 2020 in water-sign Cancer
October 13 – November 3, 2020 in water-sign Scorpio, ends in air-sign Libra
January 30 – February 20 in air-sign Aquarius
May 29 – June 22 in air-sign Gemini
September 27 – October 18 in air-sign Libra
January 14 – February 3 starts in air sign Aquarius, ends in earth-sign Capricorn
May 10 – June 2 starts in air sign Gemini, ends in earth-sign Taurus
September 9 – October 2 starts in air-sign Libra, ends in earth-sign Virgo December 29 – January 18 in earth-sign Capricorn