Someone's Pet Cat Almost Burned Down An Adelaide House Last Night!

$40,000 worth of damage!


9 August 2017

Article heading image for Someone's Pet Cat Almost Burned Down An Adelaide House Last Night!

Put this one down as the weirdest thing you'll read today.

A family home in Adelaide's northeast went up in flames last night, all thanks to their pet cat.

Neighbours alerted the MFS that the home on Earl St in Hillcrest was on fire just after 7pm last night, with firefighters arriving on scene to discover the kitchen ablaze.

An MFS spokesperson said it is believed the fire started when the family cat jumped up onto the kitchen bench, accidentally igniting the stove top.

The feline then knocked over a box of cat food, fuelling the fire.

The damage bill is reportedly around $40,000!

The family and devious cat escaped injury. 

Listen Live!