Smoke Alert Advice for Kalgoorlie-Boulder and surrounding areas in the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder
A Smoke Alert Advice is current for people in or near Kalgoorlie-Boulder and surrounding areas in the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder
Smoke from prescribed burning actvities in the Perth Hills over the last few days has been carried by prevailing winds through to Kalgoorlie-Boulder and surrounding areas.
The smoke is expected to clear later today.
WHAT TO DO:
Department of Fire and Emergency Services WA advises you to:
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
- If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visitingwww.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR by contacting the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.