A severe storm warning has been issued for the South East today with Brisbane CBD expected to be hit by 11am.
The Early Warning Network revealed severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Gold Coast, Toowoomba, Brisbane, Maroochydore, Kingaroy, Caboolture, Coolangatta, Ipswich, Cherbourg, Jimboomba, Mount Tamborine and Redcliffe.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.