Police Have Charged A South West Man With 20 Offences
Over incidents that occurred this Month
On 14 March 2019 Bunbury and Busselton Detectives, with the help of information provided by members of the community, charged a 41 year old Manjimup man with twenty offences in relation to a series of offending that occurred on the 10 and 11 March 2019 across the South West region.
It will be alleged that late on 10 March 2019 the male smashed a number of glass windows of premises in the Manjimup Town Centre before stealing a motor vehicle.
It will be alleged that on 11 March 2019 the male committed an armed robbery offence whilst in possession of a claw hammer, stealing an empty safe.
It is further alleged that the male dumped the stolen motor vehicle in bushland outside Nannup before walking into Nannup and stole a further motor vehicle whilst armed with a knife.
The male drove to Busselton where he committed a series of fraud offences before dumping the stolen motor vehicle at a motel in Busselton.
The 41 year old Manjumup man has been charged with;
• 5 x Criminal Damage (Manjimup)
• 1 x Stealing (Manjimup)
• 1 x Steal Motor Vehicle (Manjimup)
• 1 x Stealing from Motor Vehicle (Dixvale)
• 1 x Armed Robbery (Dixvale)
• 1 x Going Armed with Intent to Cause Fear (Nannup)
• 1 x Armed Robbery (Nannup)
• 1 x Steal Motor Vehicle (Nannup)
• 1 x Stealing (Nannup)
• 2 x Gains Benefit by Fraud
• 2 x No Authority to Drive
• 1 x Possess Prohibited Drug (Cannabis)
• 2 x Breach Violence Restraining Order
The male appeared in Bunbury Magistrates Court on Friday 15 March 2019. He was remanded in custody to appear back in Bunbury Magistrates Court on 2 May 2019.