It's no secret that New Year’s Eve in Sydney can get pretty HECTIC!
This year, more than a million people will be making their way into the city to catch a glimpse of the fireworks and celebrations.
Naturally, that means that the city is gonna be packed AF.
So planning ahead is your best option.
If you are heading into the city… LEAVE YOUR CAR AT HOME, it’s gonna be wild.
Extra services will run across all types of public transport, but it is important to note that stops may have moved due to road closures.
Major roads closed:
- 11am Cahill Expressway Circular Quay overpass
- 2pm roads in The Rocks and Circular Quay
- 7pm major roads north of Liverpool Street
- 8.30pm to 9.30pm and 11.30pm to 1.30am Anzac Bridge and Western Distributor (citybound direction only)
- By 11pm city is locked down, with all roads north of Goulburn Street closed
- 11pm to 1.30am Sydney Harbour Bridge closed
The fun will start at 6pm, so it caters for the whole family!
- 6:00pm- Pre-show entertainment
- 7.30pm- Welcome to Country and Smoking Ceremony
- 9pm- Family fireworks
- 9.08pm- Calling Country
- 9.08pm- Harbour of Light Parade
- Midnight- Fireworks display
For more information, check out their website here.