Relief from heatwave conditions is coming for North Queensland this weekend, but not before heartbreak for two local motorbike enthusiasts.
Around 11:30am today emergency services were on the scene for a vehicle fire in front of Spotlight.
A motorbike went up in flames on Duckworth Street, due to a fuel leak but quick thinking by the riders saved their lives.
The pair noticed a fuel leak, then removed themselves from the bike before a fire took over.
Firies let the fire burn, as they believed extinguishing it would have created further risks.