We’ve said goodbye to summer for another year and now we find ourselves deep in the middle of Autumn coming face to face with the cold, hard fact that despite the few rays of sun that are still shining, winter is on its way. No thanks.
If you’re anything like us, you’ll try anything to beat the winter blues and stay warm so here’s our top 5 recommendations on how to win at winter-ing.
- Carbs and Red Wine. Warm hearty food is easily one of the best things about winter and let’s be honest, a glass of red with a good pasta is always a winter winner. Hello carbs, we’ve missed you.
- Netflix and Chill. We all love a good binge sesh and if we’re being honest, it feels a lot less guilty when the weather outside isn’t exactly inviting. We’ll just be over here in our snuggie watching Gilmore Girls reruns.
- Bubble Bath. Bubbles, candles, relaxing music, maybe some essential oils and warmth, need we say more.
- Tea. Lots and Lots of Tea. There are like hundreds of boutique tea brands and more than a billion flavours so there really is no excuse not to like tea. And bonus, it’s apparently got some pretty sweet health benefits so you can drink as much as you like. You’re welcome.
- Be Grateful You Don’t Live in Melbourne. The heat will return soon, we promise. Until then, remember there’s a whole city of people down south who are actually just eskimos in monochrome clothes.