We don’t know if you guys have seen lately, but butterflies on Instagram seem to be the NEW thing and we guess that we have Taylor Swift to thank for that.
Ever since her song ME! dropped, butterflies are taking over and we have wanted to know how we can turn our own instagram into the soft and dreamy aesthetic that Taylor has gone with this era.
It turns out that we can do this right in our backyard!
Sydney is the best place to bring your butterfly dreams to life at WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo!
Did you know that that WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo has their very own Butterfly Tropics section where you can walk through and get a glimpse of their world.
It's located right in Darling Harbour and close to all public transport systems!
WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo’s ‘Butterfly Tropics’ is home to a myriad of butterfly species, and they are more than just a pretty face!
Butterflies are an important part of our ecosystem and help to pollinate plants and flowers just like bees. They love eating nectar and come with their own ‘drinking straw’ called a proboscis.
This area at the zoo is the perfect spot to snap the perfect picture with your new friends and if you’re nice enough, they may pop on over and say hello for a little hang session.
AKA the perfect time to grab that insta shot.
They are more than just a pretty face!
- Butterflies are found on every continent except Antarctica
- Butterflies are found in warmer parts of Australia because they can’t fly if it is less than 13 degrees celsius!
- A butterfly’s lifecycle is made up of four parts, egg, larva (caterpillars), pupa (chrysalis) and adult.
- It takes butterflies 10-15 days to hatch out of their chrysalis and into the world
- Butterflies have four wings (though they often appear as two!)
- Butterflies taste with their feet – and this helps them detect where they can lay their eggs
- Their wing spans can range from 1cm to 28cm.
- There are between 15,000 and 20,000 different species of butterfly around the world.
Guests can get up close and learn more about butterflies at WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo in Darling Harbour every day from 10am-5pm.
For more info on their butterflies, check out their website here.
WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo
Where: 1-5 Wheat Rd, Sydney NSW 2000
When: 10am-5pm daily