Here Is The Recipe For Fifi’s Possibly-Award-Winning Jelly Slice
Judged at the Royal Melbourne Show!
There are many, many things to check out at the Royal Melbourne Show. One of those are all the cakes and baked goods, so Fifi HAD to bring along her famous Jelly Slice.
Since it is now Country Women’s Association and Peter Hitchener approved, she was gracious enough to share the recipe.
- 250g plain biscuits
- 175g melted butter
- Tiny bit of ground cinnamon
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup strained lemon juice
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons gelatine powder
- 85g red jelly crystals
- Grease and line the base and sides of a slice pan with baking paper.
- Use a food processor to process the biscuits into fine crumbs. Add butter and cinnamon and process again, before pouring it into the pan. Put it in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Mix condensed milk and lemon juice together.
- Mix the boiling water and gelatine until completely dissolved and then combine it with the condensed milk. Pour over the biscuit base and put it back in the fridge for one hour.
- While you wait, prepare jelly according to the box instructions, but use 100ml less of water. Sit it out for room temperature before pouring it over the set cake.
- Chill for another hour until jelly is set, and then dive in!