How sustainable is YOUR school?
Well if your school has a worm farm, a chicken coop or a flourishing garden, Rockhampton Regional Council want YOU!
The Council is asking schools around the region to send in their best pictures of 'sustainability in action' for the 2020 Sustainability in Action! calendar.
As if the satisfaction of giving back to your environment isn't enough, for every school that submits a photograph, the Council is handing out sustainability prize packs, copies of the 2020 calendar and for the winner - drum roll please...
A $200 prize to help with further sustainability initiatives as well as the winners choice of a compost tumbler, worm farm or raised garden bed!
This years themes for the 2020 Sustainability in Action! calendar are as follows:
- Minimising food waste
- Energy efficiency and power savings
- Composting and worm farms
- Planting and learning about native plans
- Encouraging wildlife and wildlife habitat
- Recycling right with yellow lid bins
- Looking after stormwater drains and creeks
- Growing your own fruit and vegetables
- reducing plastic use and packaging
- Reusing and up cycling materials
- Water use and water efficiency
- Green gift giving and eco friendly festive decorations
So step up and give back to the environment. Head to the website for more info and don't forget to submit your entries by 5.00PM, Friday 28th of June 2019!