Dawesville Fire Sparked By Kids Playing With A Lighter

Reduce the risk


Article heading image for Dawesville Fire Sparked By Kids Playing With A Lighter

DFES

Emergency crews were called to a house engulfed in flames in Dawesville on Thursday night around 8:30pm.

According to fire authorities the accidental blaze which destroyed the home in Albany Drive was caused by children who'd been playing with a lighter.

The tragedy comes as a timely reminder to check smoke alarms in homes and prepare an escape plan.

Reducing the risk of fire also means never leaving children unattended with candles, matches or lighters.

Post

The Western Australia Briefing

For Australians looking for intelligent and unbiased news coverage, join renowned journalist Natarsha Belling on Your Morning Agenda for breaking national and international stories as well as the top business and finance stories - every weekday from 6:30am on Listnr

Hit News Team

18 June 2021

Article by:

Hit News Team




Listen Live!

Up Next