We all know how great it feels to spend time around our girlfriends, but now we have some science to back us up!
According to Harvard Medical School’s Harvard Women’s Health Watch, going on a trip with your female friends has great benefits for your mental and physical health!
Not only does it help to bring us closer together, but the solidarity of friendship:
- Reduces the risk of heart disease
- Helps manage physical pain
- Extends life expectancy
- Reduces stress
- Increases oxytocin (the happy hormone!)
Harvard Women’s Health Watch explained, “Social connections like these not only give us pleasure, they also influence our long-term health in ways every bit as powerful as adequate sleep, a good diet and not smoking.”
If you don’t have any strong friendships, it might be time to find some, because those without stronger bonds are:
- More likely to experience cognitive decline earlier in life
- More likely to experience depression
- Have shorter lifespans (lack of strong social connections can increase premature death by 50 per cent).
If you’re a lone wolf and don’t like socialising much, it really pays off to have one or two close friends to help get your through life happily!
“Dozens of studies have shown that people who have satisfying relationships with family, friends and their community are happier, have fewer health problems and live longer."
We can’t think of a better excuse to book a trip with all our besties, so start organising a holiday together today!